Madden 12 rosters?

KO'BBF
MVP

Re: Madden 12 rosters?

Postby KO'BBF » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:18 pm

Wow!!! And you have free agents!! This is something you should be very proud of. I never thought I'd be so nostalgic to go back to 8th grade. Wow! Thank you very much
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

Sponsor

Sponsor

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:17 am

cursive ported the FF Draft Classes over for M12 (1986-??) you can find them at OS. I believe they were blanket ported though, I would suspect they need a re-rate.

I believe the player IDs match for those, so if the player has a Madden 12 portrait, they should be 'in the game'

I've just about got all the stats done. Team records, rivalry records, NFL records. Relevant players (most starters) will have their career stats, the mega stars will have their season-by-season stats.

Working on coaches now, and I'll pretty much be finished with this. I'll release a franchise file or the .csv files once I get to that point.

.. still not wild about the gameplay for that gen though. ALOT seems scripted. And the telepathic LBs drive me completely insane. '10 seems like it plays cleaner. But the playbooks, UGH!

Tempted to try 2k on the 360. You ever go down that road?

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:08 pm

I agree with you about the game play with 12. I was thinking how much better the game play in 10 is while I was getting passes knocked down by every linebacker in sight.

Overall Madden is a let down (after playing MLB The Show) but i really love this roster I think you did a terrific job. I'm glad it's on 12 because it gives me a use for 12.
Because of Mo Lewis and Billy Joe Hobert, this is my go to game now. There are some skin tones that do not match like you had mentioned and I only see one player that has the incorrect height, the quarterback Jeff Graham is 6'5, he's a WLAFer, but that's all little stuff, I think you did a terrific job and I appreciate the time you took with the birthdates and the home towns.

There are so many good players in this roster and guys I forgot about, great guys on the free agents list I had forgotten about .... but I still have their football cards, Rosenbach and Mike Withycombe and LeLo Lang and Tim Worley! Others who tragically passed that I also forgotten about, remember Rodney Culver? and future fellons like Ostell Miles and Darryl Henley.

Thank you again.
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:22 pm

AaronS wrote:cursive ported the FF Draft Classes over for M12 (1986-??) you can find them at OS. I believe they were blanket ported though, I would suspect they need a re-rate.

I believe the player IDs match for those, so if the player has a Madden 12 portrait, they should be 'in the game'

I've just about got all the stats done. Team records, rivalry records, NFL records. Relevant players (most starters) will have their career stats, the mega stars will have their season-by-season stats.

Working on coaches now, and I'll pretty much be finished with this. I'll release a franchise file or the .csv files once I get to that point.

.. still not wild about the gameplay for that gen though. ALOT seems scripted. And the telepathic LBs drive me completely insane. '10 seems like it plays cleaner. But the playbooks, UGH!

Tempted to try 2k on the 360. You ever go down that road?

I'll take a look for those.

I think my favorite thing about this roster is Horace Morris. That's a guy I haven't thought about in 25 years.

I played 2k5 back on the ps2, but never actually owned it.

I bought 2k8 for the PS3 but it completely disappointed me. I need to play the entire league and not just one team

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:03 pm

That would be cool if you could do an NFL roster populated with fictional players only.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:51 am

KO'BBF wrote:That would be cool if you could do an NFL roster populated with fictional players only.

Let me get through the tweaking on the franchise file. Think it would be pretty easy, thanks to EAs fake UDFAs. Simple to just cut and paste their names, pics and likenesses over the actual players.

... fully simmed a through a season without any hiccups.The CPU makes some boneheaded decisions though. The Bucs cut John Lynch. Denver cut their 2nd rounder and N.O. cut their 3rd rounder in favor of dinosaur LBs. Sim stats looked pretty solid. Injuries seem a little over the top.

.. the 9ers went 14-2, Deion was DPOY, reflecting real life, they won their last 10, then failed to score a td in the Divisional round. Made me smile.

Finishing up the coaches next. Then need to see if the PS3 can handle wiping the expansion teams from the schedule, as well as Divisional re-alignment. So far, its taken everything I change on PC (salary cap total, player salary model, player IDs, stats archive)

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:59 am

What this game REALLY needs is a Uniform mod.

The retro-ness really takes a hit with only about half of the teams featuring their retro jerseys.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:31 am

The 'schedule trick' works for the expansion teams.

I had the Jags, Panthers, Ravens and Texans play 2 games each without a crash.

Trying divisional re-alignment today..

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:28 pm

Here is the franchise .csv pack to enrich this experience.

Load all but the schedule (SCHD) prior to starting the preseason.

Load the schedule after advancing to the regular season.

Changes are as follows;

AYPL - yearly awards
CITY - city info (minor changes to metro populations.. optional)
COCH - coaches (100% accurate to reflect 1994.. but very generic)
CPSE - coach priorities (these can't be edited if the fields aren't populated)
DRPF - traded draft picks for 1996
DRPK - traded draft picks for 1995
INJY - injuries (as of training camp)
OWTS - training staff edits (these seem to impact injuries, **not 100% confirmed** but 100% likely, based on simulation)
PCDE - career defensive stats
PCKI - career kicker stats
PCKP - career returner stats
PCNG - career games/starts
PCOF - career offensive stats
PSRC - NFL career records
PSRG - NFL single-game records
PSRS - NFL single-season records
SAYP - player minimum salaries
SBLR - Super Bowl winners
SCHD - 1994 schedule (2 games each for expansion teams)
SLRI - salary cap
TEAM - teams, with division changes to reflect 1994 (**see notes below**)
TSRI - team rivalry records

Regarding teams, they were moved to reflect the Divisions in 1994. The expansion teams make up AFC and NFC South. If teams are not moved prior to entering the Playoffs, 2 of the expansion teams WILL be in the playoffs, regardless of record. I usually move the top seeds to the AFC/NFC South.

Also regarding teams, user control is set to all 32 teams. You will need to edit accordingly if this is not how you choose to operate.

Didn't change team names (Houston Oilers.. LA Rams.. LA Raiders) just didn't see the point considering pending relocations.

Coach playbooks were set to reflect 1994 (vanilla offenses, accurate defensive schemes) It appears these need to edited in the TEAM tab as well. In the game screen these revert to team-specific. Working on style-specific playbooks (Walsh, Coryell, Erhardt) so I didn't sweat that.

Simmed a full season, and offseason, even with the unbalanced divisions, and with the expansion teams playing only 8 games total.

Did notice some depth chart issues. (some freezing when using 32-team control) I believe this was a PS3 issue, not a roster issue. I moved seamlessly on the 360. PS3 seems MUCH less stable overall.
Attachments
Franchise pack.zip
(44.52 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:31 pm

If any of you PC guys see this, feel free to use this to whatever end.

Not sure how much progress has been made on the franchise side for 19/20, but I would think most of this would port across easily.

.. I'll have season-by-season stats up at some point. That's a pretty grueling process.

... the game plays MUCH better in franchise mode. The coaching priorities have a significant impact on gameplay. Toy with them if you don't want to take me at my word.

Injuries were bonkers. TONS of key players were going out for the season every week. Playing with the training staffs still to see whats what. Seem to have put a little bit of a dent in it. Don't want to resort to just turning them off.

Return to “Madden Playstation”