New Users - Introduce yourself here

Anything and everything.
NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Re: New Users - Introduce yourself here

Postby NickyJ » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:08 pm

Electraspace wrote:Hey y'all!

I've been a Saints fan since 2008, and my most recent Madden game is Madden 11. However, now that I'm in college, I don't have a console or an updated football game. That's why I'm looking into getting Madden 08 for the PC and modding it for 2017. The only thing holding me back is Amazon reviewers saying that the game won't install right on Windows 10.

Welcome aboard!

Madden will install fine on Windows 10 (I have it myself). The main problem you'll run into is actually getting it to run after installing due to Windows 10 disabling SafeDisc drivers, which handles using the game's disc/DVD to run the game. There are easy ways to fix it, though.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:26 pm

NickyJ wrote:

I've been a Saints fan since 2008, and my most recent Madden game is Madden 11. However, now that I'm in college, I don't have a console or an updated football game. That's why I'm looking into getting Madden 08 for the PC and modding it for 2017. The only thing holding me back is Amazon reviewers saying that the game won't install right on Windows 10.

Welcome aboard!

Madden will install fine on Windows 10 (I have it myself). The main problem you'll run into is actually getting it to run after installing due to Windows 10 disabling SafeDisc drivers, which handles using the game's disc/DVD to run the game. There are easy ways to fix it, though.

It would have been fine if Windows had just disabled the drivers. They straight up removed them from the OS (for valid reasons, though.)
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Electraspace
Rookie

Postby Electraspace » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:06 pm

NickyJ wrote:

Welcome aboard!

I went and bought the downloadable version off Amazon, in fact my laptop doesn't even have a disc drive at all. Does this still matter?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:43 pm

Electraspace wrote:
NickyJ wrote:

Welcome aboard!

I went and bought the downloadable version off Amazon, in fact my laptop doesn't even have a disc drive at all. Does this still matter?

SafeDisc drivers don't require a disc drive. It's a system driver that is used as copy protection by many older games. You'll still likely have some issues, even with the Amazon version.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

peterparker
Banned

Postby peterparker » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:36 pm

Hi guys! I love this game! Looking for some updated NCAA stuff (and NFL, but NCAA more)! I just posted this to be able to gain access to PMs and downloads!

LT #78
Pro Bowl

Postby LT #78 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:33 am

I'm LT #78. I've been into mods and rosters for Madden PC since the Football Freaks days, where I think my user name was No78. The historic rosters are my favorite. I use them for research purposes to create weird custom teams (eg: a team of all the best players who rode motorcycles, a team consisting entirely of players who come from the state of Montana, a team consisting entirely of guys who were nationally competitive in Track & Field).

I'm also into baseball and hockey.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:50 am

I remember you! You even got onto the FF All Star rosters that were in the old FF mods. Welcome back! :D

LT #78
Pro Bowl

Postby LT #78 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:57 am

Thank you!

Errahs
Rookie

Postby Errahs » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:17 am

Hello Everyone! Found your forum through a friend recommendation and thought I'd introduce myself.

You can call me Errahs (Air-us)! My favorite team is (unfortunately) the Indy Colts. I also enjoy seeing Aaron Rodgers and the GBP go to work on the field.

Pass it deep, then lateral it. It's just how you win. /s

justhefritz
Rookie

Postby justhefritz » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:24 pm

im from brazil, redskins fans, just doing it for the roster

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”