New Users - Introduce yourself here

Anything and everything.
elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: New Users - Introduce yourself here

Postby elguapo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:13 am

I never introduced myself when I first joined the site so I'll do it right here...

Hello, I go by the user name elguapo. I was first brought to this site when I was looking for a roster for Madden. I didn't join the site right away but lurked for a couple of months before doing so.

I was impressed with all the modding the community had done with Madden and all for free, that I wanted to help make rosters so I joined the site. I soon realized that there were plenty of roster makers and that maybe I could be of better use if I worked on something else that could benefit the modding of Madden. Once again I was impressed with all the tools available to mod the graphics part of Madden that I decided that maybe I could be of use in that aspect of Madden. Now a days it seems there are more graphic modders than roster makers.

Username
I used elguapo because I wanted to make a good looking roster. El Guapo means the "handsome" or "good looking" in spanish. My idea was that you would be using elguapo roster or "good looking" roster.

Q&A
Who would you like see introduce themselves? I nominate Revanfan.

Sponsor

Sponsor

stoirtap
Rookie

Postby stoirtap » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:03 pm

Hi All!

I've been a Pats fan since I got my first Madden game on the PS2, Madden NFL 2005. I've put more hours into that game than I'd like to admit, and it, Star Wars Battlefront II and Katamari Damacy are the only reasons I boot up the old thing. It's the only console I own.

Looking for options to play Madden on my PC, I just stumbled on this site and am looking forward to playing Madden '08 for as long as I have been playing Madden NFL 2005 (it's been 12 years already?!)

Quick question, does anyone know where I can find a complete list of the controls for this game for keyboard or keyboard and mouse. I have a PS2 controller to USB adapter; is it better to play the game that way?

Thanks!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:41 pm

elguapo wrote:Who would you like see introduce themselves? I nominate Revanfan.

Oh really? Okay, I guess so.

I first joined this community in 2008. I was browsing the internet looking for updated rosters for Madden 08, and I found Football-Freaks. I quickly joined the site so I could download the files. I believe the first roster I downloaded was created by... you know, I can't actually remember. But I remember it was a very popular roster. Soon after, I discovered the first ever FF Mod. I got in touch with the man in charge, Dawg317, and began learning how to update rosters using NZA. By the 2009 mod, I was on the team as a roster editor, focusing mostly on Dallas. By the next season, I was helping on every team, and a season or two later, Dawg317 retired from full time modding and I took over the roster full time. In 2011, Football-Freaks went down, and I received an email a few months later from TorontoGrudlies about a replacement site he had created in the event that Football-Freaks never came back. That was this site. I joined the day this site was created, and have been here almost every day since.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:52 pm

stoirtap wrote:Hi All!

I've been a Pats fan since I got my first Madden game on the PS2, Madden NFL 2005. I've put more hours into that game than I'd like to admit, and it, Star Wars Battlefront II and Katamari Damacy are the only reasons I boot up the old thing. It's the only console I own.

Looking for options to play Madden on my PC, I just stumbled on this site and am looking forward to playing Madden '08 for as long as I have been playing Madden NFL 2005 (it's been 12 years already?!)

Quick question, does anyone know where I can find a complete list of the controls for this game for keyboard or keyboard and mouse. I have a PS2 controller to USB adapter; is it better to play the game that way?

Thanks!

Personally, I'd give your PS2 controller a shot.
If you've never used your PS2 controller on your PC, you may need to download/install a driver for it...a simple web search will get you a thousand options. Then, make sure it's calibrated and you're good to go.

I've always used a 360 controller and I never have any problems.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:07 am

stoirtap wrote:Quick question, does anyone know where I can find a complete list of the controls for this game for keyboard or keyboard and mouse. I have a PS2 controller to USB adapter; is it better to play the game that way?

Thanks!

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4401&hilit=Keyboard+controls

pepperonipancake
Rookie

Postby pepperonipancake » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:56 am

I love football and the Giants. I love madden on the pc and hope one day for its glorious return. One can hope at least. :|

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:18 pm

Shouldn't we put this thread in "Announcements" so any new users can see it

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:53 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:Shouldn't we put this thread in "Announcements" so any new users can see it

Good idea. i made it global.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:22 pm

RevanFan wrote:
elguapo wrote:Who would you like see introduce themselves? I nominate Revanfan.

Oh really? Okay, I guess so.

You don't want to nominate anyone?

BuckCity
Veteran

Postby BuckCity » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:36 pm

New user here. I'm years late for the party. But I'm glade to be part of the madden 08 forum.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”