NFL 2K3 on Dolphin Emulator (Editable)

Gridiron
MVP

Re: NFL 2K3 on Dolphin Emulator (Editable)

Postby Gridiron » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:58 pm

This was waaaaaay to slow on my Radeon 5450 based P4 @ 3GHZ.
It was still too slow with my recently acquired Win7 HP8000's desktop's built-in graphics.
http://www.microcenter.com/product/4458 ... efurbished
So I just got a Radeon HD6450 chipset based graphics card to replace the mundane Intel motherboard graphics.
I didn't get anything special, I just wanted to keep the system quiet, and I didn't have many system watts to allocate for the card.
Found a low-power, low-profile, fan-less solution. http://www.microcenter.com/product/3839 ... Video_Card
The ~27 FPS Mario Superstar Baseball is now running ~55 FPS in Windows® using the Catalyst drivers,
(still only ~32 FPS in Linux with generic drivers though :x ).
So it looks like I'm ready to start checking this 2K3 program out.
Now I don't expect this will replace a modded MADDEN 08, but I do hope that I like the game's playing mechanics better.
I've never tried this program before, and I must learn how to use the existing setup, after which I'll look into exploring any available mods.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

Sponsor

Sponsor

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:57 pm

Gridiron wrote:This was waaaaaay to slow on my Radeon 5450 based P4 @ 3GHZ.
It was still too slow with my recently acquired Win7 HP8000's desktop's built-in graphics.
http://www.microcenter.com/product/4458 ... efurbished
So I just got a Radeon HD6450 chipset based graphics card to replace the mundane Intel motherboard graphics.
I didn't get anything special, I just wanted to keep the system quiet, and I didn't have many system watts to allocate for the card.
Found a low-power, low-profile, fan-less solution. http://www.microcenter.com/product/3839 ... Video_Card
The ~27 FPS Mario Superstar Baseball is now running ~55 FPS in Windows® using the Catalyst drivers,
(still only ~32 FPS in Linux with generic drivers though :x ).
So it looks like I'm ready to start checking this 2K3 program out.
Now I don't expect this will replace a modded MADDEN 08, but I do hope that I like the game's playing mechanics better.
I've never tried this program before, and I must learn how to use the existing setup, after which I'll look into exploring any available mods.

That sounds good.
I can't even run the dolphin on my laptop, but I am interested in what may come of this.

I agree, this will not replace Madden 08pc......and I don't think anyone should expect that. But, I am all for variety and other potential game options.
Good luck

GMG2014
All-Pro

Postby GMG2014 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:37 pm

Can You Update The Roster to This Game

michael206
Rookie

Postby michael206 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:36 am

Can you please give me the Dolphin edited unis textures? I won't steal and take credit for them or anything, i just want to use them for my personal use

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:02 pm

I know this is old, but did it ever gain any traction? The Dolphins have the new logo and the Nike uniforms. Did anyone ever do any roster updates or check to see if any of the 2k5 rosters are compatible?

Maybe it's the way PCSX2 works vs the way Dolphin works, but the texture scaling seems to be better on 2k3 GC than 2k5.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

xflamexofxhopex
Veteran

Postby xflamexofxhopex » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:12 pm

trey31 wrote:I know this is old, but did it ever gain any traction? The Dolphins have the new logo and the Nike uniforms. Did anyone ever do any roster updates or check to see if any of the 2k5 rosters are compatible?

Maybe it's the way PCSX2 works vs the way Dolphin works, but the texture scaling seems to be better on 2k3 GC than 2k5.

I'm able to mod NCAA 2K3, easily, using Dolphin. Check my post I made about it . It runs smoothly even on my Pixel 3. NCAA 05 and Madden on the other hand run at about 30 fps when it comes to actual players moving, on my pixel. Haven't tried on my laptop yet for those two. But the texture dumping is easy and I got it to dump on my PC, edited the files using paint.net and a good Google search, then saved them in my load folder on both PC and Android and it loads the textures.

h4wduk3n
All-Pro

Postby h4wduk3n » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:47 pm

EA NFL/NCAA games run flawlessly on Dolphin on PC. We are both emulating the same stuff right now :). On my Moto z2 force I'm running NFL 2k3 and CFB for the same frame rates reasons. I bet there are just a few tweaks Dolphin android could make if the 2k games run so well.

xflamexofxhopex
Veteran

Postby xflamexofxhopex » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:03 pm

h4wduk3n wrote:EA NFL/NCAA games run flawlessly on Dolphin on PC. We are both emulating the same stuff right now :). On my Moto z2 force I'm running NFL 2k3 and CFB for the same frame rates reasons. I bet there are just a few tweaks Dolphin android could make if the 2k games run so well.

Actually I was able to bring FPS up on my NCAA 05 and Madden 05. Also just started getting textures from NFL 2K3. I've completed some NCAA uni's if anyone is interested.

xflamexofxhopex
Veteran

Postby xflamexofxhopex » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:16 pm

trey31 wrote:I know this is old, but did it ever gain any traction? The Dolphins have the new logo and the Nike uniforms. Did anyone ever do any roster updates or check to see if any of the 2k5 rosters are compatible?

I'm working on converting right now, trying to see. I've been messing with this on Dolphin, as well as NCAA 2K3 and NCAA 05. I know Madden 05 and 08 are also on Dolphin. Only Dolphin and PPSSPP have the ability to extract textures and reimport custom ones in their place, as far as emulators go. To achieve that on 2K5 on PCSX, I had to use Texmod, but it doesn't stick when putting the images back. Like it would make a helmet texture work, but then put that same texture on a menu bar, too. So yeah. If someone is willing to perfect the uni's for NFL 2K3 and maybe either NCAA 05 or NCAA 2K3, I can work on the roster part.

xflamexofxhopex
Veteran

Postby xflamexofxhopex » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:18 pm

arden05 wrote:NFL 2K3 (GameCube) on the Dolphin Emulator runs at full speed and is completely editable using the emulator's texture dump and load features. It runs flawlessly on my i5 CPU, intergrated graphics, 16 GB memory system. It would be another good option for a mod project. If a roster editor could be developed for it, I think it would be a huge breakthrough. NCAA football 2K3 runs flawlessly as well.

UPDATE 7/29/16:

I'm just going to leave these here :lol:

If you're willing to finish the uniforms for other teams, I'm willing to update the rosters. Same goes for NCAA, too. I've been messing with modding this, NCAA 2K3, and NCAA 05 on dolphin, and can get all 3 to run smoothly on Dolphin on my PIxel 3.

Return to “Other Football Games”