Madden curse: Real or Fake?

Anything and everything.

Do you believe the madden curse is real?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:24 am

1. Yes
60%
2. No
40%
3. IDK... what's the Madden cover curse?
No votes

Total votes: 10

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:24 am

Do you believe the madden curse is real?

So the latest victim may be Antonio Brown who was on last year's madden cover. He's out of football and outside of his own personal demolition, the madden curse may have struck again....what are your thoughts fellow Football fans on this site? This is just for fun and to see how many actually believe it exists or that it is just due to fate and not a curse so to speak.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

KO'BBF
MVP

Re: Madden curse: Real or Fake?

Postby KO'BBF » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:31 am

I voted "yes"... because going all the way back to Eddie George... it's just too much of a coincidence. ..... :?
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:47 am

I think EA is a good fortune teller.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:15 pm

I'm not superstitious, so... No. But it is really shocking how EA tends to predict player downfall so accurately.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:29 am

The Madden Curse had more to do with injury and regression than an actual curse. When a guy gets put on the cover, the expectations for him increases, which isn't always fair because sometimes they just have a career year (like our old pal Peyton Hillis!).
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:28 pm

Danchat wrote:The Madden Curse had more to do with injury and regression than an actual curse. When a guy gets put on the cover, the expectations for him increases, which isn't always fair because sometimes they just have a career year (like our old pal Peyton Hillis!).

I miss P. Hillis, he looked great in the Chief's red for the brief stent! Hell... EA is cursed, it always happens, even the current cover boy went down! I hated when they selected Mahomes! It's alive! :twisted:

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:15 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
Danchat wrote:The Madden Curse had more to do with injury and regression than an actual curse. When a guy gets put on the cover, the expectations for him increases, which isn't always fair because sometimes they just have a career year (like our old pal Peyton Hillis!).

I miss P. Hillis, he looked great in the Chief's red for the brief stent! Hell... EA is cursed, it always happens, even the current cover boy went down! I hated when they selected Mahomes! It's alive! :twisted:

Wait, Mahomes misses 3 games and you're attributing that to the Madden Curse? Not much of a curse if you only miss a few games, and players are injured all the time... so it looks more like a coincidence to me.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”