New Users - Introduce yourself here

Anything and everything.
Onkruid
Rookie

Re: New Users - Introduce yourself here

Postby Onkruid » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:04 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Onkruid wrote:So here I am looking for mod or to up the game. I’m guessing people here have modded the game to make it more like the newer ones.

I would love to have some help with some of this stuff if anyone is willing to help me. By all mean please message me or something.

First I'd recommend checking out the Starting Guide for New Players to help you get the game set up and updated. After that, play around with it, see what interests you, and start asking questions. Many of us, myself included, would be glad to share what we know.

At this point i think i am lost as to what i am doing. Ive gotten to the MadModX part. Im normally pretty good at this stuff.

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:32 pm

What would you like to mod? Start there. There are a lot of tutorials on the site to help you. It might seem intimidating but it isn't really.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:24 am

Onkruid wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
Onkruid wrote:So here I am looking for mod or to up the game. I’m guessing people here have modded the game to make it more like the newer ones.

I would love to have some help with some of this stuff if anyone is willing to help me. By all mean please message me or something.

First I'd recommend checking out the Starting Guide for New Players to help you get the game set up and updated. After that, play around with it, see what interests you, and start asking questions. Many of us, myself included, would be glad to share what we know.

At this point i think i am lost as to what i am doing. Ive gotten to the MadModX part. Im normally pretty good at this stuff.

If you have any questions at any point, don't be afraid to search for answers, and ask if you can't find any. And to second what elguapo said, what do you think you'd be interested in modding?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Onkruid
Rookie

Postby Onkruid » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:15 am

RevanFan wrote:
Onkruid wrote:

If you have any questions at any point, don't be afraid to search for answers, and ask if you can't find any. And to second what elguapo said, what do you think you'd be interested in modding?

Well what I was trying to do was just follow the guide on née players stuff. All the files I got into the game correctly. But I would like to play online and stuff. I got to the madmodx part and got lost

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:21 pm

Onkruid wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
Onkruid wrote:

Well what I was trying to do was just follow the guide on née players stuff. All the files I got into the game correctly. But I would like to play online and stuff. I got to the madmodx part and got lost

MadMod X isn't actually required for anything specifically. The reason I recommend it is because it comes with modding utilities that are quite useful.

To play online, you have to do two main things.

1. Find opponents. That can usually be done in the Online Play forum.

2. Make sure you and your opponent are running the same mods. In order to play online, you and your opponent must be using the same mod and/or roster.
My Cowboys Journal

Onkruid
Rookie

Postby Onkruid » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:51 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Onkruid wrote:
RevanFan wrote:If you have any questions at any point, don't be afraid to search for answers, and ask if you can't find any. And to second what elguapo said, what do you think you'd be interested in modding?

MadMod X isn't actually required for anything specifically. The reason I recommend it is because it comes with modding utilities that are quite useful.

2. Make sure you and your opponent are running the same mods. In order to play online, you and your opponent must be using the same mod and/or roster.

Ok well I also wasn’t able to update the roster? Couldn’t find the right folder. And I didn’t quite understand the 4g thing either. I mean my game works. I was able to play after updating most of the stuff but I did notice my roster wasn’t this years.

thomasflem97
Rookie

Postby thomasflem97 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:30 pm

Hello! I'm TFCNY and I come from the Madden 20 modding community. I've done a lot of stuff over there and decided to jump over to the M08 side of things and try things out. I like modding uniforms but my specialty is playbooks. I'm aware there is a playbook editor for M08. Does anyone know if it's still active and works with Windows 10?

Can't wait to get started.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:58 pm

Onkruid wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
Onkruid wrote:

Ok well I also wasn’t able to update the roster? Couldn’t find the right folder. And I didn’t quite understand the 4g thing either. I mean my game works. I was able to play after updating most of the stuff but I did notice my roster wasn’t this years.

Send me a PM with all of your questions and issues you encountered, and I'll help where I can.
My Cowboys Journal

madden08_best_madden
Rookie

Postby madden08_best_madden » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:14 pm

Hey everyone! Im a long time Ravens fan that has been playing Madden 08 on PC since I was a kid. I've never really been able to get into the newer maddens and have just kept downloading the RodgerJinx rosters each year and figured I'd officially make an account and become a part of the community.

keppy
Rookie

Postby keppy » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:05 pm

Hi,
My name is Steve. I used to play madden on ps2, me and buddies had a pretty good league going. I was hoping to revisit that and invite some buddies over to play.
I also had some projects in mind like starting in the early 2000s and seeing if I can build a franchise all the way to today.

Thanks for the forum. I have downloaded a ton and have played a bunch and I appreciate all the work that's been done already.
I'm a noobie, so I don't know that I can contribute much. But if I figure things out more, maybe I can.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”