X mod

A collection of all finished mods!
elguapo
Hall of Fame

X mod

Postby elguapo » Sat May 31, 2014 2:25 am

Imagev3.0

[We'll Be Right Back]

The X mod is the vanilla (original default) madden that has been eXpanded for the optimal number of available slots that can be modded. With these eXtra slots more options will be available for DAT and Texmod/uMod modders.

Old rosters will still be useable with newer rosters. In theory, the X mod could possibly be the All-In-One mod by utilizing a combination of DAT and Texmod/uMod methods.

Version 3 of the X mod will incoporate all the methods learned in the Xmod - Base Files and the NCAA. For example utilizing the placeholder uniforms used in the NCAA mod, the X mod could have an unlimited number of uniforms for any team. The full fields learned for the Xmod - Base files will allow the X mod to have an unlimited number of custom fields, all with weather effects. Stadiums could be assigned a two endzone or an extra full field TMdl to replicate Championship field games.

Since uMod can emulate a DAT mod most of the modding will be done through TPFs or ZIP files which will make it far easier and faster to mod the game. Think of it as the Frosty editor for Madden 19/20 but for Madden NFL 08.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

X mod v2.0 (full download)

X mod's UNIFORMS.dat file. New UNIFORMS.dat file to allow custom team practice uniforms and custom team pro bowl helmets. Included is an updated STADIUMS.dat file to display the team's logo in the stadium during practice drills.

UPDATES
X mod 10/04/2020 - Small update to include the LFA and added created team uniforms for the CFL Defunct, LFA and UFL teams.

X mod v2.0 DOWNLOAD FILES
Spoiler:
X mod 465 MB
Hotfix v1.1 14 MB
Stadium Field Effects 81 KB
NFL Europe HotPatch 2 MB
CFL League Pack by the CFL mod team (included in original download)
USFL League Pack by bquinn (included in original download)
XFL League Pack 5 MB by BigDaddyCool
WFL League Pack 5 MB by Leeman67
X mod v2.0 Patch 27 MB
AAF League Pack 1 MB by BUS36
XFL2020.IMPORT Download the XFL2020 League Pack and replace that IMPORT file with this one.
XFL 2020 League Pack 5 MB by albedarnit
WLAF League Pack 2 MB by K0'BBF
UFL League Pack 3 MB (only custom art uniforms)
NFL League Pack by rogerjinx (included in the Xmod2.0.ros file)

X mod v2 Final Update
Final X mod v2 update. You must have installed the previous v2 downloads in order. ( don't skip any and do not import the teams). Copy the contents of the download to the "my documents/madden nfl 08" folder. Use this Xmod2.ros file.
Xmod v2 Final Update

Special Instructions
Install the league packs but do not import the teams. The Xmod2.0.ros file will have the teams imported.

CustomArt
Created teams for the default Madden 08.

NFL League Pack rogerjinx's 2019 NFL roster.
USFL League Pack Muscle Mike's Madden 2004 team rosters, skin conversion by elguapo.
CFL Defunct League Pack 1.59MB (CustomArt Only but will be added in the mod eventually)
LFA - Mexico Mexico's Professional Football League. (No actual team rosters or uniforms)

uMod v2 r49 [uMod Setup]
In this section you will find essential updates for the X mod using DAT placeholders for use with uMod. You are allowed to reverse engineer the uMod ZIP file for public or personal use. Not for commercial use.
Spoiler:
NFL Full Fields 15 MB
This update will patch the football fields with pick6's NFL full fields (standard). Texmod users can still create custom field TPFs since TPFs are supported by uMod.

After patching the the STADDATA.dat file load uMod.zip (27 MB) using uMod to load the classic fields for the Browns, Dolphins, Raiders and Ravens. Also included is the LA Wildcats' field using the XFL2020.ros file.

League Art Dump
In this section you will find the files I used to mod the game. You will need to make sense out of them but most of it is self explanatory. I use Photoshop CS2 with the NVidia DDS plug-in and the DatEditorExtreme(DEX) tool to mod the DAT files. I am not an "HD" guy so you won't find processed high resolution images in these downloads. There are also some gems like templates I use that you might find helpful.

NFL Art Dump
CFL defunct Art Dump

X mod

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: X mod

Postby elguapo » Sat May 31, 2014 2:25 am

UPDATE CENTER

UIS_LIB_STADIUMS.dat http://www.mediafire.com/download/010zbf7bo99iaxe/UIS_LIB_STADIUMS.dat

Adding BeliverInTeal's Levi's Stadium
Spoiler:
Step 1. Download the stadiums files: http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=17000
Step 2. Download and drop these files inside the downloaded stadiums files. http://www.mediafire.com/download/q5fg205x4tcw71c/Xmod_Levis_Stadium.7z
Step 3. Read the README.txt file to finish the installation.

USFL update
Spoiler:
Uniform number update for the Breakers.
LA Express endzone with transparent background.
Download:https://www.mediafire.com/?li8d6pod2m7j3n6

USFL Texmod Stadiums update
Spoiler:
Have assigned individual stadiums to the CFL(not updated yet) and to the USFL teams. The USFL teams will use the same stadiums as BigDaddyCool's All-Time All-Inclusive Roster so that the USFL TPF stadiums will work with the X mod's USFL teams.

The team stadiums that were not changed because I feel that those stadiums are a closer representation were:
Alamo Stadium
Skelly Stadium
Sun Devil Stadium
and EA Skydome because I'm using thumstyx's updated stadium instead of the default stadium.

Setting it up:
Download the X mod updated FIELDART.dat and DB_TEMPLATES.dat. https://www.mediafire.com/?3hcdnzcr410tcsk
Download BigDaddyCool's mod. (link above)
Run TexMod and load these TPFs:
Run Madden and load the <default> roster. (This is the updated X mod roster)
Go to an Exhibition game.
Select the Denver Gold as home team.
Select an opponent and go into the game.

Switch between stadium TPFs when you want to use another home team.

New NFL Field Lines
Spoiler:
This update replaces the old NFL field lines with a DAT version of pick6's newer field lines. Installation instructions in the README.txt file.

This update can be used in any mod whether it be the FF mod or the default Madden files.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9mubp6qp5oyewph/New_NFL_Field_Lines.7z

XFL Jersey Fonts http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=19796

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat May 31, 2014 2:26 am

Did you know...

...that the Denver Gold have a baseball field?

...the Tecate Aguilas was the first custom team to have custom uniforms, logos, stadium, coach and fan logo decals?

...with version 2 you can now have weather degradation custom fields?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat May 31, 2014 2:26 am

Technical Issues

I have found in my other computer that runs Madden off of the DVD disk that you don't copy any X mod files to the "Programs Files..." folder.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:55 am

will this work with any of the rosters, solo players and portraits that have been created with other mods
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Dietrich69
Rookie

Postby Dietrich69 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:47 pm

Will this mod work if I have the Football Freaks mod and a current roster update installed? I backed up all my files just in case, but would love to try this mod out if it indeed updates stadiums.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:46 pm

BUS36 wrote:will this work with any of the rosters, solo players and portraits that have been created with other mods

Dietrich69 wrote:Will this mod work if I have the Football Freaks mod and a current roster update installed? I backed up all my files just in case, but would love to try this mod out if it indeed updates stadiums.

Currently this mod is not set up to work with any other mod.

The only thing that is new are the Europe teams and the fantasy team, other than that it's the default madden game. Future plans are to add more leagues like the USFL and the CFL.

The FFmod currently has updated stadiums.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:42 pm

Got it all loaded moved like solo players, MPN23 roster it works and looks nice. even checked out if the FF-FI mod team colors worked and they did.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:27 pm

Could I trouble you for a screenshot of the updated graphics? Thank you sir! sounds like a good mod!
Making tpf mods and tpf mod accessories.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:26 pm

Couple of screen shots

I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Return to “Finished Mods”