Nza's Madden 08 Franchise Guide

Guides on achieving realism in franchise play.
yoko1213
Rookie

Re: Nza's Madden 08 Franchise Guide

Postby yoko1213 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:46 pm

yoko1213 wrote:first time trying out this guide. how do you get to draft signing stage? I try it but when I click on sign pick the screen get stuck on drafting. what am I doing wrong? :(

figured it out :D

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ortoeto
Rookie

Postby Ortoeto » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:53 am

RevanFan wrote:This is a guide from Football-Freaks, made by Nza, the maker of Nza's Madden Editor. Special thanks to GeneralSilent for saving this copy after the main one was deleted!

Apply CMP66's recommended coach slider adjustments to make simulated stats more realistic,

In the editor, do i have to click "hc adjustment" button only once, and it does every hc automatically, or do i have to do it for every single hc?

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:45 pm

Ortoeto wrote:
RevanFan wrote:This is a guide from Football-Freaks, made by Nza, the maker of Nza's Madden Editor. Special thanks to GeneralSilent for saving this copy after the main one was deleted!

Apply CMP66's recommended coach slider adjustments to make simulated stats more realistic,

In the editor, do i have to click "hc adjustment" button only once, and it does every hc automatically, or do i have to do it for every single hc?

Only once and it changes all of them.

superboss555
Rookie

Postby superboss555 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:59 pm

Do you all know if I can run these sliders with Calhoupe's Scripts?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:08 pm

superboss555 wrote:Do you all know if I can run these sliders with Calhoupe's Scripts?

Everything here works fine with his scripts.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

superboss555
Rookie

Postby superboss555 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 am

RevanFan wrote:
superboss555 wrote:Do you all know if I can run these sliders with Calhoupe's Scripts?

Everything here works fine with his scripts.

Awesome, thanks so much!

MortalGarbage
Rookie

Postby MortalGarbage » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:32 pm

Did I miss penalty sliders?

jakethesnake
Rookie

Postby jakethesnake » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:18 pm

9] Go to the first Free Agency period, but don't advance past it. You can go through until 0 days are left, but don't go to the draft yet. Save and open in my editor, and regain control of all 32 teams. Why do this? Because since we're using MaddenAmp's Draft feature, we have to simulate the in-game draft, and to avoid CPU teams trading with each other and therefore screwing the order up, you need to be in control of all teams. With 32 team control and the 1st free agency period over, you can now simulate the offseason in Madden until the "Rookie Signing" period. Do this, and save the FRA here.

10] Open the fra in MaddenAmp and choose to enter the draft. From here, select your team and proceed...

Simulate the offseason until rookie signing period means going through the draft in Madden, with all 32 teams set to User control... which means a very, very long draft process... then do the draft again with Madden Amp??

The reason for 32 team user control at this point is to avoid teams trading during the draft. But trades (of picks) can happen during the MaddenAmp draft independent of what trades may or may not have happened during the ingame draft it seems, and Maddenamp has a feature that lets you import the results of these trades into your franchise file; why is it necessary to worry about what happens during the ingame draft if the maddenamp draft's results (picks and trades) is going to completely override the ingame draft anyway?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:06 pm

jakethesnake wrote:
9] Go to the first Free Agency period, but don't advance past it. You can go through until 0 days are left, but don't go to the draft yet. Save and open in my editor, and regain control of all 32 teams. Why do this? Because since we're using MaddenAmp's Draft feature, we have to simulate the in-game draft, and to avoid CPU teams trading with each other and therefore screwing the order up, you need to be in control of all teams. With 32 team control and the 1st free agency period over, you can now simulate the offseason in Madden until the "Rookie Signing" period. Do this, and save the FRA here.

10] Open the fra in MaddenAmp and choose to enter the draft. From here, select your team and proceed...

Simulate the offseason until rookie signing period means going through the draft in Madden, with all 32 teams set to User control... which means a very, very long draft process... then do the draft again with Madden Amp??

The reason for 32 team user control at this point is to avoid teams trading during the draft. But trades (of picks) can happen during the MaddenAmp draft independent of what trades may or may not have happened during the ingame draft it seems, and Maddenamp has a feature that lets you import the results of these trades into your franchise file; why is it necessary to worry about what happens during the ingame draft if the maddenamp draft is going to completely override the ingame draft anyway?

If trades happen in the in-game draft before you do the Amp draft, it will mean that you don't have the original picks when you do the Amp draft. For instance, team A and team B have their normal picks. You get to the in-game draft, but you don't do anything to prevent trades. Team A trades its 1st an 2nd round picks for a 1st round pick from team B. If you then do the draft in Amp, team A will have B's 1st, and B will have A's 1st and 2nd. If you prevent trades in-game, the draft picks will be as they are supposed to be when you do the Amp draft,
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

jakethesnake
Rookie

Postby jakethesnake » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:07 pm

RevanFan wrote:
jakethesnake wrote:

The reason for 32 team user control at this point is to avoid teams trading during the draft. But trades (of picks) can happen during the MaddenAmp draft independent of what trades may or may not have happened during the ingame draft it seems, and Maddenamp has a feature that lets you import the results of these trades into your franchise file; why is it necessary to worry about what happens during the ingame draft if the maddenamp draft is going to completely override the ingame draft anyway?

If trades happen in the in-game draft before you do the Amp draft, it will mean that you don't have the original picks when you do the Amp draft. For instance, team A and team B have their normal picks. You get to the in-game draft, but you don't do anything to prevent trades. Team A trades its 1st an 2nd round picks for a 1st round pick from team B. If you then do the draft in Amp, team A will have B's 1st, and B will have A's 1st and 2nd. If you prevent trades in-game, the draft picks will be as they are supposed to be when you do the Amp draft,

Isn't what you're describing how it should be? If that trade happens in the game, and it carries over to madden amp draft, then madden amp draft drafts accordingly with Team A getting one pick, Team B getting 2 picks. What's the problem?

[edit] Never mind, I think I figured it out. I forgot how atrocious the draft day trade logic is in this game; the above steps are to eliminate the boneheaded trades the CPU pulls during the draft, isn't it?

Return to “Franchise Guides”