Madden Resource Editor

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Madden Resource Editor

Postby StingRay68 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:44 pm

Awhile back I discussed making an all in one editor that would handle all the various madden filetypes that we have in the pc versions.
Plans are to include :
An updated DAT/Terf editor
A generic db explorer/editor that will not use tdbaccess
An updated MMAP editor
A (limited) TMdl editor
2019-2020 Franchise editor

I'm going to release a preview of the dat editor, this incorporates Aluigi's madden decompression so that files are automatically decompressed when extracted.
Currently when a loaded dat is then saved, the files will be automatically decompressed and the dat rewritten.

When a dat is first loaded a directory will be displayed, much like that of our previous editors.
Filetypes will be listed as "COMP" or "???"
Clicking on a file causes it to be loaded and decompressed if necessary. The filetype will then be updated to one of the several familiar types.
MMAP, TMdl, db, Terf or NA. Anything marked as NA is simply not defined at this point.

Right clicking on a selection of files will bring up an option to extract.
Right clicking on an individual file will allow the file to be replaced.

Plans are to add some sort of a batch import function, as well as options to autodefine the filetypes as the dat is being loaded.
With the sizes of todays hard drives, I cant really think of a reason to want to keep compression active in the dat files, but I may add an option to keep compressed files in the dat if desired.

I haven't tested this much to this point, so if you try this, make backups of your files before trying to edit them.

morebeta1.zip
(232.26 KiB) Downloaded 1525 times

Madden Resource Editor

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden Resource Editor

Postby elguapo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:51 pm

Can we sticky this thread?

matt050972
Rookie

Postby matt050972 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:32 am

When I try to use this utility, I select the dat file I want to decompress, then the utility throws an error telling me that access to the file, is denied how do I fix this. I am running windows 10 64x

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:59 pm

matt050972 wrote:When I try to use this utility, I select the dat file I want to decompress, then the utility throws an error telling me that access to the file, is denied how do I fix this. I am running windows 10 64x

You need to describe in detail what you are doing. You have the game closed before you are trying to load the dat, and have nothing else that is currently using that file?

matt050972
Rookie

Postby matt050972 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:45 pm

Correct nothing else has control over the dat file. The game is not running I open the program select a date file (for instance uniforms.dat) That is when the error about access to the file being denied comes up

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:24 pm

Sounds like something specific to your pc, check read/write access or ownership of the files, other than that, no idea.

matt050972
Rookie

Postby matt050972 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:37 pm

I edited the permissions for all the dat folders and files within the game, and it still gives me the same error. Is there another tool I can use. I am wanting to be able to create uniforms for 32 custom teams I have created, I would like to use the .dds method to create the logos for those teams, I also would like to use the UHD crowd template, plus edit the stadium flags and banners.

mike9472
MVP

Postby mike9472 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:14 pm

I get an error that says "this is not a valid win32 program". I assume it's because this is for Windows 7 and up. I can only get Madden to play properly on Windows XP, Windows 10 is a no go, even with XP compatibility.

matt050972
Rookie

Postby matt050972 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:19 pm

How do you mod the game without it?

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:31 am

mike9472 wrote:I get an error that says "this is not a valid win32 program". I assume it's because this is for Windows 7 and up. I can only get Madden to play properly on Windows XP, Windows 10 is a no go, even with XP compatibility.

This uses .net 451, so no, it won't work on xp.

matt050972 wrote:I edited the permissions for all the dat folders and files within the game, and it still gives me the same error. Is there another tool I can use. I am wanting to be able to create uniforms for 32 custom teams I have created, I would like to use the .dds method to create the logos for those teams, I also would like to use the UHD crowd template, plus edit the stadium flags and banners.

The problem is still your pc, are you sure it isn't an antivirus issue or something?
I get that you're new around here, but you'd be best served using the search feature for the forums, and reading over the various topics that exists for these types of general modding questions.
If you're looking for something to decompress the files, there used to be an alternative method that is/was described in this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20494&hilit=decompress#p111227

Return to “Utilities”